Need Help Customizing WordPress? Click Here or Chat Live
For many WordPress users, customizing your site is the last thing you want to tackle. Beyond creating posts and installing plugins, most users are not willing to dive into the source code of a theme to make changes.
We customize themes for clients all the time, so if you have a request, don’t hesitate to inquire. Below is a summary of some of the customizations we routinely make.
CSS, HTML, PHP and jQuery Coding
But you don’t need to know any of that. Just tell us what you’re wanting to do and we’ll make it happen, whatever language it’s in.
Page and Post Templates
One of the powerful features of WordPress is the ability to use page templates on any page, and post type templates on posts. These allow you to completely control how the content displays on specific pages.
An example would be to allow your current theme to have a full-width content page that does not include a sidebar. You could apply it to one page or as many pages as you wish. The sky is the limit on what you can do with page and post type templates as they give you complete creative freedom on a page-by-page basis.
Logos and Graphics
WordPress is pretty easy to play around in and figure out what does what. But creating high quality, professional imagery to use on your site is a different story. Sadly, ether you’re an artist or you’re not, and you don’t want to use Windows Paint to “bang out” a logo when you’re trying to convey a professional image to your site visitors.
We can create professional logos, graphics, and site branding that will show your visitors that you mean business. Extend your branding across social media and e-mail marketing to gain increased brand visibility. If it can be done in Photoshop, we can do it for you.
We also offer image optimization services that can significantly reduce the size of your website images to increase page speed and reduce page abandonment due to slow page loads.
The proper way to customize a WordPress theme is through the use of a child theme. This allows us to customize anything in the parent theme, but still allow for theme updates without overwriting the changes.
Examples of functions that can be performed using a child theme are:
- Include new CSS styles with the current stylesheet
- Add custom code to the functions.php file
- Create new widget locations
- Load custom scripts
- Create templates for a specific page or category
If you have a theme that needs customized, please contact us and we can help you implement the changes.
The following are examples of some of the customization projects we have completed. If you have site customizations that need done, please submit them here or if you see the live chat button in the top menu, feel free to start a chat session.
- Create and insert a custom logo
- Add static background image to site
- Adjust header and footer heights
- Add social media icons
- Add an image slider
- Change theme sidebar configuration
- Add a hero section to a theme
- Add custom testimonial section
- Change theme color scheme
- Make navigation menu fixed at the top
- Make a sticky footer on short pages
- Create content columns
- Style typography using Google Fonts
- Add custom button styles to theme
- Create custom page templates
- Create custom 404 error page
- Design and install e-mail marketing popup
- Customize WordPress login page
- Create custom shortcodes
- Customize link styles
- Create and insert custom contact form
- Customize comment form
- Change default heading tags for SEO
- Create custom category/archive pages
- Custom WordPress post loop queries
- Code custom jQuery animation effects
- Install mobile responsive theme
- Create custom post type templates
- Install drag and drop page editor
- Create and implement custom fields
- Design custom static home page
- Create and install custom menus
- Insert image gallery
- Configure dynamic sidebar widgets
- Create new style for author comments
- Create sales page template for theme
- Install analytics and custom footer scripts
- Enable insertion of font icons